Monday, March 9, 2009

I want my hour back.

It's that time of year again... SPRING FORWARD!

As my roommate and I were treading home from our friend's house party on Saturday evening (Sunday morning), I looked down at my phone and realized it was 4:00am. After a couple of seconds of confusion mixed with impressiveness that I was able to stay out that late, I realized that it must be Daylight Savings.

I have a very love/hate relationship with Daylight Savings in the Spring. I love it because that means we get an extra hour of sunlight at night, which means that I would be so depressed by the cold darkness on my way home from work every day, which means my general disposition is sunny (pun intended).

I hate it because come Monday morning, you're getting up an hour earlier than what you're used to, which means it's nearly impossible to get out of bed on time. Also, I feel like I have been jipped of a full weekend. I want 48 hours in my weekend - not 47! Give me my hour back! Also, maybe if I had come home at 3am after partying Saturday night, I wouldn't have been so groggy the next morning. But the fact that it was 4am, and nearly 4:30 by the time I ate the contents of the refrigerator and went to sleep.

Maybe it should be a national rule that the Monday after Daylight Savings weekend, nobody has to go into work until 10am. That way, we will all be refreshed and ready to work as though the hour robbery never occurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment