Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Like a Virgin

...Blogging for the very first time!

No seriously, why has it taken me so long to get into this fad? I love to write, I have plenty of spare time (sadly), and I like to consider myself a master at people watching.

A lot of "Follow That Nerd" will be about casual observations of the people and things around me, especially but not limited to life in San Francisco.

San Francisco is a very unique city. If you've never been here, I suggest visiting for a long weekend at least. You will probably find yourself moving here shortly after. It's an infectious culture of free spirit. I've definitely noted several changes in my personality since moving here from St. Louis/New York.

As much as people like to say how elitist this city is, filled with hipsters and trend setters, it's pretty damn nerdy too. Probably the capitol of dot.com, San Francisco is filled with some of the most intelligent people I have ever met. Artists, computer programmers, athletes, musicians... "free-lancers." I'd like to say that these nerds are the future leaders of our country, and some of them may be, but the truth is they're just pretty damn interesting to follow.

Signing off for now,
Kelsey


BTW (and yes, I will be using a lot of acronyms and abbreviations in this blog, so if you don't like it tough luck), "Follow That Nerd" is a direct homage to one of my all time favorite movies: "Follow That Bird" - you know, the one where Big Bird leaves Sesame Street and gets captured by carnies and they paint him blue? That's the one.

1 comment:

  1. You think SF is nerdy? Come to Hopkins for a day. I look around and think wow, 90 percent of these kids were tools in high school. Not to sound like an ass-hole, which I"m sure I do, because as you said nerds are interesting/can be a lot of fun...but it just took a little while to get used to. At least everyone can hold a conversation. And at least your city has a goddamn music scene...keep it comin Kels I'm reading you blog instead of listening to this girl's presentation in my psych class. Much more interesting.

    -Kelsey's Brother

    ReplyDelete