Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Everybody Plays the Fool

Last year I was able to fool almost all of my friends, family members, and co-workers that I was engaged to my long-distance boyfriend. All I had to do was change my Facebook status to "engaged!!!" and I changed my profile picture to a photo of me and the guy. Not only was it a simply fantastic April Fools joke, but it was an interesting experiment in social networking sites.

I was trying to think of a good prank for this year: I'm pregnant, I quit my job, I'm a lesbian, I'm moving to Australia, I'm terminally ill... but after last year, nobody believes anything I say. I suppose you can never really top your greatest prank.

When I was a kid we used to prank my dad every year. One year we filled his car with balloons while it was parked at the train station. Another year we told him someone broke into the house and stole all his wine. And I think another year we told him the dog died, but he wasn't too upset so that one didn't really pan out.

If you have any ideas of a good prank, leave a comment.

And Happy April Fools Day!

3 comments:

  1. I'll be posting a whimsical crossword, The World's Smallest Pangram, to my website later.

    http://www.tylerhinman.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We NEVER told him the dog died! (though you are right,he would not have minded) One year we stuffed his car with crumpled up newspapers, and one year we moved his car to a different spot in the parking lot. And then there was the year we put the giant fake spider on his steering wheel. And Kelsey it was always YOUR idea! I miss doing April Fools pranks with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it's a little late for this, but I changed my birthday this year. And last year. Some of the same people fell for it. I'm doing it again next year.

    ReplyDelete