Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The perks of drinking with your boss

The best ideas come out of you after a couple of drinks. Your brain starts turning with new ideas and before you know it, you have an entire promotional pitch!

My lovely boss and I went out for a couple (err several) drinks after work yesterday. We also managed to coat our stomachs with calamari and pork sliders so the martini's didn't get in the way of driving home.

After round four or five, I whipped the pen and paper out and we came up with an entire list of promotional ideas for our next big project. My handwriting gets kind of messy towards the bottom of the list, but it will be transferred into a power point document later so as long as I can read it, we're good.

I also managed to get out of her some of the reasons why I was hired. Turns out, I nailed my phone interview and my resume was filled with a multitude of experiences that go hand in hand with promotions and marketing (even though I dropped out of the business school and decided to get a film degree after a month into my freshman year).

I feel really sorry for you if you have a boss that doesn't like to drink with you. Even on one or two occasions. A staff party, an opening night dinner, a holiday gathering, or in my case, Tuesday happy hour. It really makes being slightly hungover the next morning a lot more bearable, because you don't have to hide it from them.

So, next one's on your boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment